Jump to navigation Jump to search
Several papers have been published related to the topics of this project. Some of them are shown below in reverse chronological order, i.e. the newest are listed at the top:
- Arnold Wright, Troy R. Munro and Yuri Hovanski: Evaluating Temperature Control in Friction Stir Welding for Industrial Applications. 19 November 2021.
- Roman Hartl, Andreas Bachmann, Jan Bernd Habedank, Thomas Semmand and Michael F. Zaeh: Process Monitoring in Friction Stir Welding Using Convolutional Neural Networks. Metals 2021, 11, 535. https://doi.org/10.3390/met11040535. 5 March 2021 and Supplementary material.
- Mike Lewis and Simon D. Smith: The Development of FSW Process Modelling for Use by Process Engineers. In: Yuri Hovanski, Yutaka Sato, Piyush Upadhyay, Anton A. Naumov and Nilesh Kumar (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society 2021): Friction Stir Welding and Processing XI. 17 February 2021.
- R. Hartl, J. Hansjakob and M. F. Zaeh: Improving the surface quality of friction stir welds using reinforcement learning and Bayesian optimization. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 110, 3145–3167 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-05696-x.
- R. Hartl, J. Landgraf, J. Spahl, A. Bachmann and M. F. Zaeh: Automated visual inspection of friction stir welds: a deep learning approach. In: Proc. SPIE 11059, Multimodal Sensing: Technologies and Applications, 21 June 2019, https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2525947.
- R Hartl, A Bachmann, S Liebl, A Zens and M F Zaeh: Automated surface inspection of friction stir welds by means of structured light projection. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 480 (2019) 012035, https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/480/1/012035.
- Shubham Verma, Meenu Gupta and Joy Prakash Misra: Performance evaluation of friction stir welding using machine learning approaches. MethodsX, Volume 5, 2018, Pages 1048-1058, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mex.2018.09.002.
- Janusz Pikuła, Krzysztof Kwieciński, Grzegorz Porembski and Adam Pietras: FEM Simulation of the FSW Process of Heat Exchanger Components. January 2016, https://dx.doi.org/10.17729/ebis.2016.3/3.
- Janusz Pikuła, Krzysztof Kwieciński, Grzegorz Porembski and Adam Pietras: FEM Simulation of Check Valve Ball FSW Process. January 2014.
- Amr Elbanhawy, E. Chevallier, K. Domin: Numerical Investigations of Friction Stir Welding of High Temperature Materials. NAFEMS World Congress, Salzburg, Austria, 9-12 June 2013.
- Dwight Burford, Enkhsaikhan Boldsaikhan and Adam Wiley: Early Detection of Volumetric Defects Using e-NDE during Friction Stir Welding. 9th International Friction Stir Welding Symposium. The Von Braun Center, Huntsville, AL. 15-17 May 2012 (see also https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Early-Detection-of-Volumetric-Defects-Using-e-NDE-Burford/...).
- Dr. Simon D. Smith and Dr. Rajii Sarawat: Accurate thermo-mechanical modelling of friction stir welding using simple material data and commercial software. 2009.
- Stephan Kallee, Dave Nicholas, Haydn Powell and John Lawrence: Knowledge-base software package for friction stir welding. In: The proceedings of the 7th INALCO conference which was held at TWI, Cambridge in April 1998 - Joints in Aluminium - INALCO '98: Seventh International Conference, Woodhead Publishing, 14 October 1999.