Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to read and use Open Access information, you may:
- Read the aiCAMstir information without registering an account.
- Use the aiCAMstir information by fulfilling the obligation of the relevant Creative Commons licences.
However, you should provide personal information to become a project participant and to edit aiCAMstir Open Access information:
- Edit aiCAMstir by registering an account, applying to become a project participant and awaiting approval by providing your real name, company name and your email address.
Because we want to understand how aiCAMstir is used, so we can make it better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Make public contributions.
- Use the aiCAMstir sites.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback.
We use Google Analytics 4:
During a software update, we have intalled HeadScript Extension for Google Analytics 4, enabling us to make use of the Privacy Controls in Google Analytics for safeguarding your data according to Google's Privacy & Terms.
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the aiCAMstir sites, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the aiCAMstir sites, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to an aiCAMstir Site will be publicly and permanently available.
- If you add content or make a change to an aiCAMstir Site without logging in, that content or change will be publicly and permanently archived in the public interest; your content or change will be attributed to the IP address used at the time rather than a username.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of the aiCAMstir Sites use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the aiCAMstir Sites and enforce policies.
- As part of our commitment to education and research around the world, we occasionally release public information and aggregated or non-personal information to the general public through data dumps and data sets.
Further information on privacy policies of wikis can be found at the policy approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees to apply to Wikipedia and affiliated projects by the Wikimedia Foundation and being useful for similar projects such as aiCAMstir.